Pages add

Tuesday, October 20, 2015

MY FALL 11 April 2015 I tripped while going for the paper in early morning wearing just my long handles. I laid on the driveway , unable to move, until the neighbors came by while walking their dog. I ask Todd Williams to go in the house and get me a blanket and he and three others picked me up on the blanket and hauled me to the Brigham hospital. At the hospital we met my grandson, Dr Lance Barker. He called his friend Dr Higbee who had x-rays taken and found that I had a broken femur. The following day they operated and installed a metal rod in my right hip.
After three days in the hospital they sent me to the Northern Utah Rehabilitation Hospital in South Ogden. While there they sent me to the Ogden Regional Hospital two times to x-ray for pneumonia and discovered that I had bed sores on my left foot. After about two weeks of rehab I was able to move around, using my walker. I was sent home where they continued my rehab and a nurse banagged  my sore foot. After about 3 months I was able to begin walking without help. On July 8 both of my doctors said don't come back and Dr Larsen removed the catheter and said to check back next year. I think that I had my fall because I needed something dramatic to happen so that Paul could take over the ranch. He had retired from Thiokol or ATK the week of my fall and was wondering what to do. He spent the whole summer taking care of the cattle, putting up hay and irrigating plus taking care of the orchard. I could do little more than just drive the tractor. Ione doesn't like my driving so she has taken over that job.

No comments: