Pages add

Saturday, November 29, 2008

The Farm

Paul, Brad, Eduardo and I fenced in another 10 or 15 acres West of Walmart. Dawson (Tori's boy) and I fenced out a corner of my old pasture to give the horses access to ditch water for the winter. Dawson built a bridge across the ditch but fell in the water on the first try. After that he became more brave and could walk across easily'. Dawson needs to come back to help me finish the fence and remove a large Russian olive tree from the ditch bank.
I tried out a rotary mower to use behind our little green tractor. It will be used to cut the bad weeds in my pastures and also the weeds in Paul's orchard.. The orchard had too many rocks so Grandma and I spent a few hours hauling them off. Grandma is an experienced rock picker from our days on the Shoshone ranch. The 5 foot mower is a little too small so the dealer is bringing me a 6 footer next week. If it works in the orchard, I expect that Feed will be borrowing it next year.We spent Thanksgiving in Clinton with Rula and her Sons family. Her son Stan is a retired highway patrol officer and now working for the Clearfield police department. Stan knows how to catch hawks and train them to hunt. I want him to capture a large goshawk in my pasture which keeps wiping out my tame ducks.It must be hard on phesants also because they have almost disappered from from the Perry area.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Grandpa,

You're an inspiration to us all! Keep a bloggin!